The Centre for Climate Change Strategy, which is advising the Obama administration, recommends the following policies:
* Carbon taxes
* Dramatically increase state gas taxes
* Vehicle taxes based on gas mileage
* Subsidize inefficient "renewable" energy sources
* Electricity fees to subsidize energy "efficiency"
* Green energy requirements (Renewable Portfolio Standards)
* Require "Smart Growth" city planning
* Mandate "green" principles in states' K-12 curriculum
* Mandatory percentage of gas taxes to inefficient mass transit
* Surcharges based on vehicle fuel efficiency
This is not a list of choices, they see that all of these need to implemented at the same time. Nor all of these are in the CLimate Change Bill now at the Senate - but several are. Who says this will not lead to a major change in the way the US operates?