Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Knickers

My grandmother - a wise woman if there ever was one - told me once that "any girl that shows you her knickers is someone to be wary of".

Good job she wasn't on Oxford Street or around Leicester Square in London last week. The new dress code almost requires young women to share their secrets. Coming out of a restaurant just off Oxford street, a young lady had her left leg up and was quietly stroking her leg. Knickers were red. En route back from a Harold Pinter play, I caught site of several pairs of knickers as I walked back to Bloomsbury. I was very wary, honest.

What was striking was how provocative many women were in terms of their dress. I know this is a politically incorrect thing to be saying - after all, its all in the eye of the beholder isn't it? - but if some of these ladies were my daughters I would be extremely concerned. Thank goodness we didn't have daughters.

No comments: