Friday, December 16, 2005

IQ TEST for YOUR AUTHOR!

For some reason I can't quite remember, I completed an IQ test the other day - it was a "pop up" screen from the Washington Post and I just found myself doing it. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I have an IQ of 139.

This is a bit of a relief, really. I mean, if you had an IQ of 65 and were the CEO of a company, then I'd have to switch to banking or radio management. So with my IQ I can stay as a writer, broadcaster (yes I was on Channel 10 this week and had an op/ed piece in the Edmonton Journal) and management consultant.

139 is actually quite good. The average for those holding a PhD is 129 - so I am 10 point above average. Also, IQ testing of nobel laureates shows that the bottom five all had IQ's of 139 - so there is hope for me yet - all I need is a pretty unique idea (I had one once, but it got me in a lot of trouble!).

The entry point for MENSA (the high IQ society) is 133 - so I would be in comfortably, not that I want to be amongst people who, on average, are far brighter than me. After all, they may have better ideas, know my ideas are wrong and have data to prove it and may also just "know more stuff!".

Not sure I would want to do another test - I found it boring. For the last 4 or 5 items, I just made random choices. This means either that I struck lucky and scored well on these or that I am actually much brighter than 139, since if I could have achieved at least 2 or 3 more points if I'd stuck to the work on these items...we will never know.

No comments: