My son James stag - 35 years after mine - was an altogether bolder affair. It began with Paint Balling at Gibbons (Alberta), which was great fun. 8 of us teamed up for this, my first experience of this gaming activity, and we all agreed it was a great few hours.
Then on to the Black Dog on Whyte Avenue for a few pre dinner drinks. Then a five course meal at Packrat Louies - lemon pizzas and a trout platter, duck confit salad, rabbit a la Loire, Beef Bourgogne, Creme Caramel - and excellent it was too. There were about 14 of us, and it was a very nice, quiet evening. Well..
Until, that is, James was given his task list. Here it is:
- Secure a pair of panties from a member of the female species (comprimise we accepted was a bra from one of the Packrat team - no, it wasn't Peter)
- Secure a phone number from a girl (done)
- Get a kiss from a woman older than his mother
- Drink a shot with all of his mates (Packrat supplied a shot for all of us - Tequila with Lime, though Glyn had to drink James' - see below)
- Needs to dance with two girls at the same time
- Needs to go up to the hottest girl at the bar and get "dissed" (I think he may have misread dissed...see below)
- Do a hooter shooter (no, not a shot taken from between a bar tenders bosoms, but 1.5 of Vodka, 1.5 of Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice and 1 dash of Raspberry Liquor, ice, shake..)
Sounds pretty straightforward to me, and much better than Colin who had to wear a wedding dress for the day of his stag and the next day (a normal work day at the office - fortunately he is a lawyer, so no one saw anything odd about it at all). Sadly, however, James pegged out at around 11pm - couldn't hold the drink, did some pavement pizza and was transported home by laser beam (a.k.a. as taxi). Glyn and I, as the Murgatroyds, had to cover. I managed to get dissed.. not sure how Glyn is doing on the rest of the list!
So imagine this - my oldest son isnt there at the end of the stag, but I am! Is this a record I ask?
By the way, I strongly recommend paintballing as a team building activity - fun, element of danger, strategy needed to win, bruises give evidence of bonding.